Hello my name is Tim and I am a professional Paid Survey Taker. Over the last 2 years I have participated in hundreds of market research studies and have made a few bucks doing it. I always get weird looks when I tell people I take surveys as my part time job.
Taking paid surveys was not easy to get into, the first year I was searching for legitimate paid survey sites and learning the ropes. I signed up with over 600 sites that said they were legitimate surveys only to find that they were scams, spam or trying to sell me a list of online survey sites. I only ended up joining 10 legitimate sites.
Eventually I did more and more research and found over 300 legitimate market research sites that were worth joining. I then created a site devoted to just legitimate paid survey sites theguruseye and started helping others out, so they didn’t have to go through the same thing.
There are a few things that you should know about paid surveys before you decide to start taking surveys online. Here I will give you some of the tips and tricks about paid surveys that I have picked up. This first part of this article will outline some outlining information you will need to know.
Part I – Intro to paid surveys
1. First I would like to say that there are Legitimate Paid Surveys are out there. I personally take surveys for 47 paid survey sites.
2. Never pay a survey directory for information that is completely free on the internet. There are a lot of scams like this so watch out.
3. Just because a site is heavily advertised doesn’t mean it’s a good site too join.
4. Never pay to join a survey site, legitimate paid survey sites are free to join.
5. Some paid survey sites allow members as young as 13 years old.
6. Legitimate paid survey sites don’t advertise other survey sites.
7. Legitimate survey companies will not ask for your social security number.
8. Legitimate survey companies will not try to sell you products.
9. Legitimate survey companies will not ask you for your bank account number or credit card number.
10. Legitimate paid survey sites don’t send spam, just surveys and newsletters.
11. To spot a legitimate site you should look for the following logos. AMA, BBB, Castro.
12. Real survey sites have things like faqs, privacy policies on one the first pages or easily accessible.
13. Paid Survey Sites are actually Market Research Companies. These companies or conglomerates are very efficient at what they do.
14. Stay up to date with the news around you. Market research firms get assigned to new trends and topics, so if you can, watch or read the news everyday.
15. Taking paid surveys will not get you rich, however they will bring in some extra cash into your pocket at a rate better than most Americans make right now in a part time job (hour for hour).
16. Surveys can be taken at anytime day or night, from the convenience of anywhere nowadays with mobile technology, if you have time to kill and you have access to the internet. Do as the survey takers do.
17. Participating in Market Research for Paid Survey Sites will require you to divulge personal information. You will be protected if you join legitimate paid survey sites.
18. You will have to devote time to participate in surveys; I suggest you set aside 1 hour a day.
19. less known survey sites make you more money per survey, however; less know paid survey sites also don’t sent out that many surveys 1 per month maybe.
20. Legitimate paid survey sites never exaggerate claims. Most legitimate sites won’t even tell you how much you will make.
21. Remember if it sounds too good to be true than beware!
22. Still interested? Then continue to our next segment of 68 Paid Survey Tips and Tricks.
Part II – Setting up your accounts.
Setting up your accounts is very important; this will ensure everything goes smoothly. From getting paid quickly, completing your surveys and qualifying for them.
1. Get organized, it’s a pretty simple process. I have created this tutorial to set you up correctly.
2. First you need to decide a specific user name and password; it’s easier when all your log ins are one user name and one password, so you cant forget.
3. Get a new e-mail address though Gmail or Ymail they are free.
4. Go to Firefox website and download Mozilla, its free.
5. Get Roboform auto form filler, its free unless you want to upgrade (recommended after you get into the swing of things)
6. Setup your Roboform auto form filler ( use your information)
7. Create a folder on your tool bar (left click on the toolbar and select new folder) Name it as you see fit.
8. Now you need to figure out how many sites you are going to join. I recommend when first starting out joining 10 survey sites. Joining 10 survey sites will get you about 30 survey invitations per week.
9. Remember the more sites you join and take surveys for, the more money you will make.
10. Join your specific industry or other paid survey site like business people, opinion world business, or join the African American voice or Greenfield for Hispanic’s these panels pay a whole lot more.
11. Which sites do you join? Here is a reviewed list of paid survey sites.
12. Remember its quality sites you want to join, not garbage.
13. Join Survey Sites.
14. Some survey sites pay via PayPal . PayPal usually pays faster, if you want that set up the account.
15. Which ever sites you choose to join, when you are on their site click once on the tab and drag it to your folder and drop it in. Now you have access to your survey sites at a click of the button.
16. When you receive surveys set the sender as a contact, so the e-mails don’t end up in spam folders.
17. When you join a survey site most of the time they send out a conformation e-mail, definitely click on the link or else you account will not be active.
18. After you join the sites you will want to go back to them and fill out there profile questions, this will ensure that you don’t receive surveys that don’t pertain to you.
19. When you have completed the profile questions double check to make sure your address and contact information is correct. This will make sure that your checks come to you.
20. When you complete a survey you can attach a note on the invitation in your e-mail account that you have completed it and when.
21. After you start receiving e-mails from survey sites create a folde